Leaflets

Leaflet / Manual / Booklet / Bedienungsanleitung / Manuel d'utilisation :

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Lom-(CU)ba-rdy

Sure...


Sure, i could...


Sure, i could tell you a story about SEARS...


... ROEBUCK and CO.



Sure, I could tell you that S.A. stands for "Sociedad Anónima".


Sure, I could tell you its address you will find on this receipt:


At the crossing of the 2 streets: Reina and Amistad in the Capital city of Habana.
(n°2 to be precise)

Sure, I could tell you that a store opened in Habana, Cuba in 1942.


Sure, I could tell you that a commemorative coin was produced to celebrate the 10 years existence of the store.



Sure, I could post a picture of the store:


Sure, I could tell you about the "Maid of Honor".


Sure, I could tell you it was one of many trademarks registered by Sears.


Sure, I could tell you it was used for "Housewares, Kitchen Accessories".




Sure, I could tell you that this trademark guaranteed "best quality" like on this small metal plate:


Sure, I could even tell you that the store was expropriated by the Cuban Government
 on Oct. 25, 1960.

But that would be telling you stories.

4 out of 5 machines i know of,
were found in the region around Milan.

So:

Were these machines ever sold in CUBA?

I don't know,
for sure.

No comments: