Leaflets

Leaflet / Manual / Booklet / Bedienungsanleitung / Manuel d'utilisation :

Sunday 16 February 2020

ATLAS Espresso coffee machine , Milano... made by...

In response to the complete lack of interest for this coffee maker, i must come to the conclusion that everything is known already. Hence my Blogpost today is completely useless.

I first heard from the Atlas Espresso coffee maker through late collector Franco Balzarotti  - who knew Alfredo Robbiati - in Mai 2011.

At that time, i was really busy with other research and there wasn't any concrete information i could rely on.

Here are the pictures, Franco sent to me:



I remember the mixing of bakelite parts (Handles Robbiati, Jug Qualital, Hungary) was very confusing at that time. I saw the golden jug in Hungary twice since, so it just might have been mix-and-match.

I contacted Lucio del Piccolo and he assured me that the little Black metal plate dates the coffee machine before 1960.

When i found the trademark ATLAS, dating 1960, registered by ATLAS S.p.a. in Milan for - among others - "macinacaffè" (Coffee mill) in Italy, i was quite happy:


Is ATLAS S.p.a. the Societa Anonima ATLAS S.p.a. i found the address in Milan?




Whatever the case, this very coffee maker now reminds me of a patent of Giordano Robbiati from 1958:


I will come back to this later. Just before i want to show you my first connection to the Atlas espresso:

The Atlas missile SM-65A (1957) was launched in 1958.



Now, at the sight of the following pictures, (and keepping in mind this trademark of 1956, as well as these coffee makers), i will ask you to look at the details and at the overall "body language" and to tell me:

ROBBIATI or UNKNOWN

Looking forward to your comments!








1 comment:

Water Rat said...

Very interesting. I’d say whoever designed used components in common with Atomics. The Bakelite handles look the same. The filter even has the Stella star so must be the same component maker.
The rest I think must be a different maker but seems inspired by the Atomic. The rocket shape is cool.