Leaflets

Leaflet / Manual / Booklet / Bedienungsanleitung / Manuel d'utilisation :

Sunday 7 May 2023

Oscar Colcaire and Arthur R. Wilson


 

I am sure everyone knows this patent registration of Giordano Robbiati in the US.

But do you know who Oscar Colcaire and Arthur R. Wilson were?

Me neither.

Let's have a look!

Where?





The army?

Lt.Col. Oscar Colcaire, Military Attaché in Switzerland in 1945



Americans, 300kms away from Milan, at the end of WW2.

(It reminds me of a certain Thomas E. Cara see here)


Let's look further into 'our' Oscar Colcaire.

If you read "Unique Adventures" written by Harry Gage Carpenter in 2016, you will stumble upon:




"Oscar Colcaire was a born salesman who spoke 6 languages..."

No comment.

5 comments:

Paula said...

Oscar Colcaire was my uncle. I’m quite interested in any information you may have. I know that he studied opera at LaScala during Mussolini’s regime. His real name was Colker but he changed it to Colcaire.

Paula said...

Oscar Colcaire was my uncle. His real name was Oscar Colker but he changed it to Colcaire when he studied opera at LaScala in Italy during Mussilini’s regime. He was also on the music faculty at University of Arizona.

MikJanvier said...

Oh Wow Paula! Thanks for contacting me. Your Tenor uncle was the great lyric soprano Minnie Tracey's pupil around 1923 until she sent him over to Jean de Reszke in october 1923. He thereupon got engaged by the Opera in Nice (France). He sang in 1921 with the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. I can send you a few links for you to carry on researching, just contact me at my email address at the top of the website. Do you know any recordings of him? Best regards, looking forward, Mik

MikJanvier said...

... and he was a freshman at the University of Cincinnaty in 1917 and lived at 20E Third St., Newport, Ky

MikJanvier said...

... made his debut at the Chicago Opera in 1930... plenty to be found, just write me an email. Mik